CareerLocker (formerly WISCareers)
Aquinas High School is pleased to provide all students with access to CareerLocker, a comprehensive web-based career information system. CareerLocker is interactive and assists student as they manage their career and/or college search process. In addition, CareerLocker provides students with test preparation for ACT, SAT, and Advanced Placement classes.
The CareerLocker address is: http://wiscareers.wisc.edu. Our registration code: amh-c294.
Students who attended Aquinas Middle School will maintain their same user name and password (likely the same username you use for the school computers and the password you use in the lunch room) If you are not able to access your account, or are new to Aquinas High School, stop in Student Services for the code to register as a CareerLocker user.
What can you do on CareerLocker?
- Complete interest and personality self-assessments matching occupations to interests, values and skills
- Explore details of identified occupations of interest and link to similar careers
- Search and compare colleges based on majors, location, size and other decision factors
- Create an ePortfolio to demonstrate evidence of skills
- Follow a Career Planning Guide designed for high school students
- Use the program to design a Resume and Cover Letter
- Prepare for the ACT,SAT, or AP exams using the test preparation and practice exams
- It provides capabilities with saved searches, portfolios, and other organization options.
Occupational Outlook Handbook: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/. This site is used for exploring career choices. It includes information relating to specifics of an occupation, the nature of the work, training required as well as outlook and earnings predictions.